Sunday, December 17, 2006

Party @ Microsoft

Ok, At last I got both time and matter which is the best combination for blogging.So as the topic itself suggest I am going to talk about Microsoft's annual party but before that let me take sometime to describe one of the happiest days of my life.

So the day begin at 10:30 .. the timing itself suggest that I have already missed my breakfast...because we r having holidays sry :( annnual sports meet. So the our next plan was to attend the barcamp at infosys.

ONLY FOR GEEKS
Barcamp is the occasion where various companies discuss on some new technology being introduced and it use in various fields. This time their were to discuss about web2.
This time it was happening in Hyderabad for the 3rd time.

THE STORY RESUMES ...
Our motto was not to learn any geeky thing or listen their boring talks instead we want to go there because their was very strong chance of getting a free lunch and a geeky kind of free t-shirt 2 reasons good enough to encourage us to get to our next door neighbour infosys and which was further strengthened by Saini who got amazons t-shirt which they were distributing while campus interview.

So we went to infosys through shortcut climbing through the boundary wall reached the infosys at time. Infosys has a very huge and a very beautiful campus with lots of greenery which a kind of explained why they give less pays to their employees.
We went to the seminar hall where the talk was going on, where we found tht no t-shirt from barcamp this time even the lunch was also shrinked to snacks. So we decided to go back after having a look at the campus which was really big accounting for the man power the infosys have.But it didn't went that bad because at last we got a t-shirt thanks to SLIDE-SHARE who distributed some t-shirts mind you some didn't got even that. It wasn't that good as we expected but at least we have got one. After taking snacks in the break we never went back to talk.

Now we were preparing for the major event of the night party by Microsoft ... preparation in the sense confirming our tickets as there was a huge competition for it but as usual we won again.So we reached the convention center where the party was being organized.It was way too inside and we have to walk around 2 km which wasn't that bad because their were three girls whom we made to follow us.

We reached to the main stage were event was going on.For the first time I saw the glamor of the corporate or more precisely IT world. There were beautiful girls in most awesome dresses. We went inside, where JIMMY MOSSES a guy from laughter challenge trying to make public laugh ..wht a pathetic effort. But we had something more important to do ...we had tokens for beverages which we distributed among ourselves, than we had our first corporate drink which was vodka in orange juice...drinking vodka was not my first experience but drinking in front of such a crowd was the first. We slowly finished our drinkkk and went for dinner ...still JIMMY MOSSES was saying smthing and laughing on his own activities. After Dinner we had our second drink this time we went for some more strong alcohol ..whiskey in soda ..mind it was strong ... i really felt something I cann't describe ..but was in total control of my self. Now was the turn of shaan ...my many time favorite.. we went near to dancing floor were we saw some of seniors ... some real geeks dancing which inspired me to do smthing ..so we joined them ...mind you I don't know a single step of dance I was just trying to copy people around me and my memory. There were really gud gals on the floor but with their so called boyfriends ..and most of my seniors, the most eligible bachelor still alone ...poor iiit ...We were really dancing fast. We danced for a long time with one more break for my final drink which was again whiskey.DJ of the party was also good ...and we danced with friends ..seniors ...[:(]
While returning back ...One of my friend was so happy that he went to gals toilet ...we stopped him but it was the most worst decision we ever took ...and we r really sorry till date for that ..still many people thr including some good looking gals saw him doing so and was really laughing aloud may be to tease him ...
ne ways we took a microsoft cab back to college. Didn't had strength to do anything else slept continuosly for 10 hrs and still the neck is paining....
One more good day of my life was over ...and with which this post.

PS1: i am newbie in writing blogs so no criticism is invited. the length of blog is justified with my frequency of writing blogs its second in two years..
PS2: I skipped names for technical reasons ...and my feelings at the dance floor for personal reasons...
PS3: I will try to get some snaps of the party by next blog.

2 comments:

Ranjai Banerji said...

Tu linux geek hai??

Sultan of Samarkand said...

For the uninitiated, the person who barged into the women's restroom would be me.